Mindful Kids – Yoga & Play
Calling all junior yogis!
Join Kathia, our certified Kids Yoga teacher as she brings you fun and engaging workshops designed to introduce kids aged 4-7 to the beautiful practices of Yoga and Mindfulness.
This is a unique opportunity to introduce children to easy-to-use breathing techniques and simple yoga poses for strength, balance, and relaxation. During these one-hour sessions, junior yogis will participate in safe, creative sequences, taught through adventure stories.
They will use their imaginations to travel the world and meet lots of friends along the way – including warriors, mermaids, and even friendly cobras!Each workshop has its own unique take-home gift that our junior yogis will get to make.
- Sunday, December 17 with Kathia from 12:30 pm-1:30 pm. $18 SOLD OUT! Call us at (905) 428-2300 to be added to wait list.
- Sunday, January 14 with Kathia from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm. $18
- Sunday, February 4 with Kathia from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm. $18
- Sunday, March 4 with Kathia from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm. $18
- Sunday, April 15 with Kathia from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm. $18
Radiant Light Yoga for Pre-Teens
Welcome Pre-Teen Yogis!
We heard you loud and clear – you want a class of your own! Somewhere you can really focus on yourselves.
In these workshops, you will get the chance to hang out with other kids your age while Kathia leads you through 60 minutes of yoga, breath work, and meditation – sprinkled with some dance, drama, and self-discovery. We will cover some awesome topics including: self-esteem and confidence, mental and physical strength, attention and concentration, and heightened awareness of yourself and those around you.
Bring your mat, a water bottle, and an open heart to learn and have fun (that’s right, fun isn’t just for the junior yogis!). It’s going to be amazing!
No previous yoga experience is required however space is limited therefore all students must pre-register.
- Sunday January 14 from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm. $15
- Sunday February 4 from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm. $15
- Sunday March 4 from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm. $15
- Sunday April 15 from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm. $15
Fun For All – Family Day Yoga with Kathia
Sunday, February 18 from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Cost: $25 per pair.
Join Kathia on Sunday, February 18th as we celebrate Family Day at Balanced Life Yoga!
This is a beautiful opportunity for kids, parents, grandparents and caregivers of all kinds to spend time together while sharing an hour of healthy movement, family activities, engaging connections and a little laughter.
Bring your mats and your imaginations as we participate in activities and exercises that will allow you to spend some time as a family unit and then as part of the bigger community.
We will incorporate individual, partner, and group poses as we move through music, games, stories, breath work and visualizations.
We look forward to sharing this special day with all of you!
Why Your Kids Need Yoga:
- Yoga increases flexibility, balance and strength – they become healthier!
- Yoga promotes positive body awareness and self-confidence – they feel better about themselves!
- Yoga is a non-competitive physical activity that promotes cooperation, sharing and community – they become better people!
- Yoga encourages creativity and imagination – they learn to use all aspects of their brain!
- It’s FUN! – they can just be a KID!